3D Printing in Retail and FMCG - Thematic Research
3D printing, or additive manufacturing, is the process of joining materials to make objects from three-dimensional model data, usually layer upon layer. In 2013, the 3D printing industry was worth US$3bn, and grew to US$7bn in 2017. By 2025 the 3D printing market will account for over US$20bn in spend.
Today, 3D printing is not commonly used as a replacement for volume manufacture, where the technology and materials cost means that other manufacturing approaches are more suitable. However, it is now widely used in prototyping across a number of sectors, including consumer goods, where it can significantly lower the cost of development. 3D printing is also seeing strong traction in healthcare, by dramatically changing the economics associated with the one-off manufacture of precision components to be used in medicine.
In retail, 3D printing is also being used to create foot traffic for stores and also as a way of offering a greater degree of product customization to consumers. Other future uses include it being a low waste production alternative for waste-conscious consumers and a way of allowing small manufacturers with limited amounts of capital to produce complex parts.
3D printing is currently being explored in new contexts as well, most notably in construction and medicine.
- This report analyses the impact of 3D printing in retail and FMCG.
- It discusses the benefits and uses of 3D printing in retail.
- It identifies the early adopters in this technology theme.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the leading players in the 3D printing sector.
- It identifies some of the main trends in the 3D printing industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It provides an industry analysis, with use cases, history, market size forecasts, competitor landscape, mergers and acquisitions and a timeline.
- The report also analyses the impact of 3D printing on retail and FMCG through case studies, and key recommendations for 3D printing vendors.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining the evolution of the additive manufacturing industry.
Retail and FMCG industry trends 5
Technology trends 6
Macroeconomic trends 7
Regulatory trends 8
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 9
Use cases 9
Market size forecasts 11
Competitor landscape 12
Mergers and acquisitions 13
DISRUPTIVE IMPACT ON OLD ECONOMY INDUSTRIES 15
IMPACT OF 3D PRINTING ON RETAIL AND FMCG 19
Retail and FMCG case studies 20
Key recommendations for 3D printing vendors targeting consumer and retail companies 22
COMPANIES SECTION 24
Industrial 3D printer manufacturers 24
Consumer 3D printer manufacturers 25
3D printing services companies 26
Retail companies 27
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 29
The eight leading 3D printing technologies 29
The Additive Manufacturing Technology Matrix 33
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 34
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com