Brazil Cards and Payments-Opportunities and Risks to 2023
GlobalDatas 'Brazil Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Brazilian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Brazilian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Brazilian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Acquirers are offering various card processing services and pricing benefits to increase their market share. In August 2019, Santander introduced a card processing service that enables merchants to receive payments through its card processor company GetNet without the need of buying its card reader machine. Merchants can migrate to GetNet by installing its app on their mobile phone and connecting it to the card reader machine. In addition, to offer faster merchant fund settlement, from May 2019, any merchant accepting credit card payments carried out at Rede POS and being paid by an Itau bank account started receiving funds in their bank account in just two days without incurring any cost. This is much faster compared to the market standard of 25 days, incurring some charges.
- Alternative payments are gradually gaining traction in Brazil, following the launch of several domestic and international payment solutions. Itau Unibanco launched a digital wallet, Iti, in October 2019, enabling users to make in-store and P2P payments. Similarly, the BPP Pay digital wallet launched by the payment solution provider BPP (previously Brasil Pr-Pagos) in January 2019 allows users to make QR code-based in-store payments. Previously, in April 2018, Apple Pay was launched in partnership with Ita Unibanco. Google also launched its own payment solution Android Pay in November 2017 (later rebranded as Google Pay). Other international payment solutions such as Samsung Pay, Masterpass, Visa Checkout and paysafecard are also available in Brazil.
- -In September 2019, the National Monetary Council (CMN), under Resolution 4,753, changed the regulation with regards to the opening, maintenance and closure of deposit accounts on the internet. The new regulations are in line with the changing habits of consumers, as well as the new business models that are increasingly using electronic modes. As per the new regulation, the CMN shall not specify the documents required to open deposit accounts. Financial institutions are required to adopt the necessary procedures to identify and qualify the deposit account applicant, and must be in compliance with the legislation, along with ensuring the prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing. The opening and closing of a deposit account can be performed through any channel made available by the financial institution, including electronic (excluding the voice telephony channel).
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Brazilian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Brazil.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com