Cigarettes in Brazil, 2019
Brazil is South America's biggest and most influential country. It has made considerable economic progress since the 2008 economic downturn and remains a key regional and emerging global economic force. Brazil has traditionally been one of the largest cigarette markets in the world, although recent price rises have suppressed sales, which were 57.7 billion pieces in 2017 and are forecast at 59.1 billion pieces in 2018.
Cigarettes in Brazil, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Brazilian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
- Latest estimates for 2018 suggest that the recent expansion in output and focus on value cigarettes has helped reduce the profile of the non-duty paid sector further.
- Based on legitimate sales, per capita consumption levels are comparatively low, averaging 283 pieces per year in 2018.
- Until recently there was a strong trend towards lighter and, in particular, low tar cigarettes, and sales of full flavor cigarettes, which accounted for nearly half the market in 1990, had fallen to an estimated 31.1% by 1996.
- Importers have been negligible recently with only 0.2% of sales in 2014 or 147 million pieces. Data for 2016 and 2017 forecasts this to rise however.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production &Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About GlobalData
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 2: Cigarette Consumption Including Non-Duty Paid Sales, 1992-2018
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 4: Overall Market Structure, 2005-2014, Billion Pieces
Table 5: Overall Market Structure, 2005-2014, % Total Consumption
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 1992-2007, % of Total Market Volume
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Price Sector, 2010 & 2013, %
Table 8: Legitimate Market: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2018, Billion Pieces
Table 9: Legitimate Market: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2018, % Volume
Table 10: PMI: Market Share by Price Segment, 2001 & 2013
Table 11: Other Cigarette Suppliers/Brands, 2018
Table 12: Brand Family Shares, 2003-2015, % Volume
Table 13: Cigarette Imports by Manufacturer and Brand, 2015
Table 14: Internal Taxes, April 2019
Table 15: Industrialized Product Tax, 1999-2011, IPI R$ per 20
Table 16: Industrialized Product Tax, 2011-2015, Ad Valorem & Specific Rate
Table 17: Tax Incidence, 2012, %
Table 18: Minimum Prices, 2012-2015
Table 19: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
Table 20: Current Smokers Aged 18 Years & Over, by Gender & Region, 2013, %
Table 21: Cigarette Production, 1990-2018
Table 22: Imports of Cigarettes, 1997-2017
Table 23: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
Table 24: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, % Breakdown
Table 25: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017
Table 26: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
Table 27: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, %
Table 28: Souza Cruz S/A
Table 29: Philip Morris Brazil S/A
Table 30: Consumption Forecasts, 2018-2028
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com