Cigarettes in North Korea, 2018
"Cigarettes in North Korea, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the North Korean market.
North Korea, officially known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, was created in 1948 and following the Korean War it existed as one of the former USSR's key satellite states in Asia. Demand for cigarettes has until recently been in decline with this, no doubt a reflection of poor economic performance as well as government efforts to reduce the incidence of tobacco use. Latest estimates by GlobalData suggest a reversal in performance for 2016 with sales down, with a further fall to forecast for 2017.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Sluggish production volumes and an absence of legal imports following their ban in November 2014 are both set to hamper sales.
- On the basis of market estimates and population data, legitimate per capita consumption rates are estimated at 0.5% above 1990 levels in 2016.
- Based on the limited available information, and assuming there are at least some female smokers that might record a prevalence of around 0.5%.
- With recently imposed restrictions, duty paid sales are expected to stagnate, growing at a slow rate between 2017 and 2027, and possible even falling back.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the North Korean market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 16
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 21
5.1. Taxation 21
5.2. Retail Prices 21
6. The Smoking Population 23
7. Production & Trade 27
7.1. Production 27
7.2. Imports 29
7.3. Exports 32
8. Operating Constraints 34
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 34
8.2. Health Warnings 35
8.3. Other Restrictions 36
9. Company Profiles 37
10. Prospects & Forecasts 39
11. Appendix 42
11.1. What is this Report About? 42
11.2. Time Frame 43
11.3. Product Category Coverage 44
11.4. Methodology 45
11.5. About GlobalData 47
11.6. Disclaimer 48
11.7. Contact Us 49
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2016, % of Total 14
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Plain v Filter, 1998-2010, % of Total 14
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 18
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, % of Total 19
Table 7: Average Pack Price (US Cents), 2001-2007 21
Table 8: North Korea Cigarette Prices (2017) - Local Brands 22
Table 9: North Korea Cigarette Prices (2017) - Imported Brands 22
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 24
Table 11: Smoking Incidence by Gender, Age & Location, 2012, % of Total 25
Table 12: Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 13: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2016 30
Table 14: Imports to North Korea from Major Supplying Countries, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 31
Table 15: Company profile: North Korean General Tobacco Corporation 37
Table 16: Company profile: SUTL(1) 38
Table 17: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 45
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 47
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org