Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Costa Rica Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Costa Rica today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'Costa Ricas telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from $1.7 billion in 2019 to $2.1 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.5% supported by revenue growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments.
Mobile data revenue will increase at the fastest CAGR of 15.1% and will account for 26.8% of total telecom services revenue in 2019. The spike in mobile data revenue will be primarily driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions and growing mobile data ARPU.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Costa Rica.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- With 8.4 million mobile subscriptions in 2019, Costa Rica will account for 1.2% of Latin America regions total mobile subscriptions. Over the next five years, mobile subscriptions will decline at 0.1% CAGR, bringing the countrys total mobile subscriptions to 8.38 million by 2024-end, primarily due to saturation in the mobile market.
- Smartphone subscriptions will grow from 5.2 million in 2019 to 5.8 million by 2024-end, driven by increasing availability of low cost smartphones as well as easy installments and device bundle plans offered by MNOs.
- 3G will remain be leading mobile technology till 2020, accounting for 56.6% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2019. 4G subscriptions will surpass 3G in 2021 and it will go on to account for 75.6% share of total mobile subscriptions by 2024.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Costa Ricas telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Costa Ricas mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Costa Ricas telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Costa Rica.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Entel Costa Rica
Claro Costa Rica
Tigo Costa Rica
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com