Directed Energy Weapons (Defense), 2021 Update-Thematic Research
Directed energy weapons (DEWs) are maturing quickly and transitioning towards widespread, practical and cost-effective field deployment. Many leading defense forces and companies have successfully tested their high energy laser and high power microwave weapons fitted on combat platforms, against UAVs and small boats for a few years. These weapons have finally reached the power levels and the effectiveness to allow them to be used on the battlefield. Combat platforms are expected to be equipped with DEWs as complimentary of conventional weapons by 2025.
Directed energy weapons (DEWs) could provide several capabilities and advantages over traditional weapons due to their speed-of-light delivery, precision engagement, controlled/scalable effects, logistical benefits, and low cost per shot. Furthermore, DEWs are silent, offer plausible deniability, can travel immense distances relative to conventional weapons, and engage multiple targets. Consequently, these advantages will support the development of a wide spectrum of military equipment and capabilities.
Although DEW systems have the potential to be used for offensive purposes, currently, weapons development programs are mainly focused on defense systems.
This report focuses on DEWs, which have immense potential to revolutionize warfare in the long term. Currently, DEWs can be categorized as high energy laser weapons, particle beam weapons, high energy microwave weapons, and high power sonic/acoustic weapons.
Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) thematic research offers a detailed analysis of DEWs being developed and used by militaries and constabulary forces. The research includes insightful industry analysis of the DEWs and key use cases highlighting how militaries and constabulary forces worldwide have started working on developing and implementing the technology.
- DEW systems have started to be used alongside conventional weapons in combat areas, although they are not fully operational and there are still problems that need to be overcome. However, the operational potential of these weapons is compelling countries to review their defense concepts.
- DEW has potential to be used in the destruction or neutralization of ballistic missiles, rockets, UAVs, swarm crafts, land mines and IEDs, neutralization of the enemy's electronic warfare capabilities, and temporary or permanent incapacitation of enemy troops or terrorist elements, protection of critical facilities, and air, sea and land vehicles and platforms as well as nonlethal applications such as crowd control or disabling machinery.
- DEWs have immense potential to be revolutionary in the long future. The evidence indicates that directedenergy will soon become one of the most powerful technologies for success on the battlefield and will eventually replace many existing weaponry forms.
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape.
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most exciting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. Compared to all our rival thematic research houses, our unique differentiator is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting leaders and challengers.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for Directed Energy Weapons in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
Table of Contents
Our thematic research methodology
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org