Employee Benefits in Nigeria 2020
Employee Benefits in Nigeria 2020
The Nigerian pension system has been facing much turbulence, regardless of the increase in the number of pensioners every year. The Nigerian pension system includes everyone from means-tested to private employees. Nigerias social security system is based on the principle of defined-benefits (pay-as-you-go) and is generally managed by the state government. The social security system covers a limited number of benefits and provides them based on the insureds contribution period. Nigeria also has an informal social security system to which people can contribute voluntarily. In 2004, Nigeria adopted a DC system, replacing the DB system that was previously in existence. Under the replaced DB pension scheme, the paid pension amount depends on the number of years that an employee has worked for an employer and the total amount of salary earned. Now, the whole pension system is more focused on the a DC system.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Nigeria, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Nigeria, detailed information about the private benefits in Nigeria, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Nigeria.
- The National Pension Commission (PenCom) is responsible for the functioning of the overall social security system.
- A persons national insurance contribution is determined based on their income.
- An insured person who is unemployed or unable to work and whose benefits have been exhausted is entitled to credited contribution.
- In Nigeria, employers provide voluntary retirement benefits to their employees through deferred annuity plans.
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Nigeria-
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Nigeria
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Nigeria.
- Assess Nigeria's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Nigeria.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Nigeria's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN NIGERIA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.4 Payment options
6.2 Death Benefits
6.2.4 Payment options
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment options
6.4 Medical Benefits
6.4.4 Payment Options
6.5 Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.5.4 Payment option
6.6 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.6.4 Payment Options
6.7 Other Benefits
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Retirement Benefits
7.2 Death Benefits
7.3 Disability Benefits
7.4 Medical and Health Benefits
7.5 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Nigeria - Country Statistics
Table 3: Nigeria - Workmens Compensation - Percentage of Disability
Table 4:Nigeria Leave - Fixed National and Public Holidays 2020
List of Figures
Figure 1: Nigeria - Main Institutions of Social Security System
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org