Employee Benefits in Singapore 2019
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Singapore, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Singapore, detailed information about the private benefits in Singapore, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Singapore.
The Republic of Singapores social security system is founded on principles of self-provision and self-reliance; the government limits expenditure on social security schemes. Government policy has been that each generation must earn and save enough for their entire life cycle, with each individual responsible for their own financial sustenance after retirement. The Central Provident Fund (CPF) is a key component of the Singaporean social security system. Most mandatory and state-sponsored benefits are limited to nationals and permanent citizens.
- The CPF plays an important role in Singapores social security system, and is a defined-contribution scheme funded by contributions from employees and employers.
- Singapore also has some unique plans and systems such as the Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS), wherein contributions by the employer and employee are not mandated, although the government prescribes institutions and schemes where investments can be made to ensure income after retirement.
- As most statutory benefits offered in Singapore are limited to citizens and permanent residents, benefits offered by private companies play a significant role in attracting and retaining talent.
- There are, however, numerous means-tested assistance programs provided by the Ministry of Social and Family Development.
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Singapore -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Singapore
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Singapore.
- Assess Singaporean employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Singapore.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Singaporean employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN SINGAPORE
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.4 Payment Options
6.2 Death Benefits
6.2.4 Payment Options
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment Options
6.4 Short Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Payment Options
6.5 Medical Benefits
6.5.4 Payment Options
6.6 Workers Compensation Insurance
6.6.4 Payment Options
6.7 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.7.4 Payment Options
6.8 Other Benefits
6.8.1 Family Benefits
6.8.2 Unemployment Benefits
6.8.3 Retrenchment Benefits
6.8.4 Minimum Resources
6.8.5 Leaves and Holidays
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Retirement Benefits
7.2 Death Benefits
7.3 Disability Benefits
7.4 Medical Benefits
7.5 Workers Compensation Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Singapore - Country Statistics
Table 3: Singaporean CPF Contribution Rates
Table 4: Singaporean CPF Contribution Rates
Table 5: Singaporean CPF Contributions - Distribution to Accounts in 2016
Table 6: Singaporean CPF Life Eligibility Criteria
Table 7: Singaporean Withdrawal from CPF Account
Table 8: Singaporean CPF Life Plan - Monthly Payout
Table 9: Singaporean MediSave Employee Contribution
Table 10: Singaporean Medical Leave Wages
Table 11: Singaporean Workers Compensation - Higher Compensation Limits
Table 12: Singaporean Enhanced Baby Bonus Cash Gift
Table 13: Singaporean CDA Government Contribution Maximum Limits
Table 14: Singaporean Government Guidelines for Retrenchment Notice
Table 15: Singaporean Paid Annual Leave - 2019
Table 16: Singapore Leave - Fixed National and Public Holidays 2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Singapore - Main Institutions of Social Security System
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org