France Retail Banking: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
Frances total loan balances outstanding (including credit card balances, personal loan balances, and residential mortgage balances outstanding) recorded a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% during 2014-18 to reach 1,401.6bn ($1,605.6bn). The majority of Frances loan balances outstanding are from home loans, with residential mortgage balances outstanding accounting for 80.2% of total balances outstanding in 2018, followed by personal loans (19.4%) and credit cards (0.4%). Credit card usage is low among French consumers, but has picked up in recent years. The improving health of the economy, increasing income levels, and declining unemployment are expected to aid the growth of total loan balances outstanding in the coming years.
Frances credit market is dominated by Credit Agricole, Caisses d'Epargne, Credit Mutuel - CIC, BNP Paribas, and Banque Populaire. French customers continue to favor branches when applying for loans. The adoption of other channels is low compared to other developed credit markets.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes the French lending market, with a focus on the consumer lending segment. The report discusses in detail the credit card, personal, and mortgage loan markets, covering market size, competitors market shares, and survey insights. The report also provides a market overview and insights on the retail deposit segment. In addition, it covers the key digital disruptors in Frances retail lending segment.
- Mortgage loan balances in France recorded a CAGR of 4.8% during 2014-18 .Low interest rates and longer repayment periods supported the growth of mortgage loans
- The personal loan market in France recorded a CAGR of 2.8% during 2014-18. Falling unemployment and increasing wages led to personal loan growth.
- Retail deposit balances in France grew by 4.4% in 2018, outstripping the CAGR rate of 4.1% witnessed over the review period.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on the French retail lending industry.
- Identify the most promising lending segment.
- Receive detailed insights into lending in France, including consumer lending.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the retail lending space.
- Receive comprehensive coverage of the retail deposit market in France.
Consumer Lending: Mortgage Loans
Consumer Lending: Personal Loans
Consumer Lending: Credit Card Loans
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com