Global Mobile Health (mHealth) Application Market: Current Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027)
The introduction of mobile applications to the medical industry has radically changed users’ views about how to monitor medical conditions, diet, and nutrition quickly and effectively. In addition to simple calorie calculators and heart monitors, mobile applications can now check medical records that doctors make in hospitals. Mobile health applications are the ones that transform many aspects of clinical practice and bring strong value to health service users. The advancement of mobile technologies such as smartphones and PC tablets has given a great impact on healthcare systems. Mobile technology offers innovative approaches to addressing complex health concerns. Many mobile health applications (mHealth apps) are currently available on marketplaces. These apps are designed to facilitate various health issues and problems and are intended to be used outside clinics. As per a report by IQVIA Institute for Human Data Science and Health information technology, there were over 318,000 mobile health apps available on Apple Store and Google Play, with more than 200 health apps being added each day.
Moreover, healthcare service providers such as doctors, clinics, diagnostics labs, etc. are more inclined towards the adoption of mobile health applications owing to several benefits. it is projected that by 2022, 98% of hospital doctors and 97% of nurses will make use of mobile medical apps and devices to treat their patients, revealed by the United States-based Zebra technologies. Also, 93% of physicians find value in having a mobile health app connected to Emergency Health Services. In the current scenario, the mobile applications are majorly used to reduce errors in administering medication, decrease avoidable medical mistakes and assist lab technicians to label specimens properly.
Furthermore, the end-users are also instating the mobile health applications for benefits such as time & money savings, availability of doctors as per choice, ease of the process, etc., As per a survey by Accenture in 2019, 77% of consumers would choose a healthcare provider that offer e-prescriptions and 70% would like to receive reminders when it is time for follow-up or preventive care. Also, 69% would like to communicate with the doctor via secure email (69%), 68% would book appointments online, 53% would collecting and track their health indicators using telemedicine devices and 49% would like to have virtual doctor visits.
The COVID-19 pandemic has given a robust boom to the growth of mobile health applications. As per a survey, 100% of respondents in Malaysia are using health and wellness apps, and out of that 78.6% using COVID-19-related ones. Moreover, the government across several countries has launched mobile applications for proving information related to COVID -19. For instance: In 2020, WHO Launched Mobile App for COVID-19 Updates. Moreover, numerous companies entered the market after seeing this as an opportunity area during COVID-pandemic.
Based on category, the market is fragmented into disease and treatment management, wellness management, and others. The wellness management segment generated revenue of US$ 10.5 billion in 2019. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 44.4% during the forecast period to reach a market valuation of US$ 197.1 billion by 2027 owing to the launch of numerous applications and surging awareness among end-users about health and wellness.
Based on disease and treatment management type, the market is mainly fragmented into healthcare providers/insurance, medication reminder, women health/pregnancy, and disease-specific. The disease-specific segment dominated the market generating total revenue of US$ 2.2 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the analyzed period. The surging prevalence of chronic disease coupled with the escalating aging population is leading to the growing share of the segment. However, the women's health/pregnancy segment is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period.
Based on wellness management, the market is bifurcated into fitness, lifestyle & stress, and diet & nutrition. The fitness segment accounted for 55.2% in 2019 and grabbed the major market share. The market share is witnessing an uptick on account of the millennium’s inclination towards fitness owing to the surging awareness about fitness and wellbeing.
Based on operating system type, the market is mainly disintegrated into google play store and apple app store. The google play store segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 45.2% during the forecast period owing to the offering of good smartphones at affordable prices and the rising number of android phone shipments.
Based on technology, the market is mainly segmented into AI-enabled and Non-AI-enabled. The Non-AI-enabled segment grabbed the major market share and accounted for 86.2% in 2019. However, the AI-enabled segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 51.2% during the forecast period owing to the use of AI technology in the healthcare industry and mobile technology as well.
For a better understanding of the market penetration of the mobile healthcare application market, the market is analyzed based on its worldwide presence in the countries such as North America (the U.S, Canada, and the Rest of North America), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, and Rest of APAC), and Rest of the World. North America constitutes a major market for the mobile health application industry. Some of the major players operating in the market AgaMatrixInc., AirStrip Technologies, Omron Corporation, Withings, Biotelemetry, Inc., Telefonica, AliveCor, Inc., Pfizer, Inc, Merck and Co., Inc, and Sanofi.
The global mobile health application market was valued at US$ 16.8 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand significantly with a CAGR of 44.4 % from 2021 to 2027. The global mobile health application market is expected to witness a boost, owing to rising internet penetration, adoption of smartphones, and the launch of disease-specific healthcare applications."
Mobile Health Application is one of the most powerful health tools. The advancements and awareness in the health care sector such as the adoption of smart wearables, keep track of daily activities, etc. have added growth to the market of mobile health applications. Moreover, other advancements such as smartphones being used as diagnostic devices, etc. are leading to the growing number of healthcare applications. In a study, it was revealed that over 100,000 health applications are available for download on several platforms such as android, iOS, etc., and this number is expected to proliferate exponentially as technology and healthcare continue to develop side by side. Moreover, the adoption and use of mobile health applications by the healthcare service provider such as clinics, hospitals, diagnostics labs, etc., for several purposes such as collecting accurate clinical history, recording objective patient parameters, supporting the decision-making process, help in communication with patients, educating patients, and monitoring treatment adherence are leading to the growth of the market.
A rise in internet penetration coupled with smartphone adoption is one of the factors which the majorly contributing to the growth of the mobile health application market. As per a report by Datareportal, Internet users are currently growing at an annualized rate of more than 7%, equating to an average of more than 875,000 new users each day and around 60% of the global population have internet access. Also, around 48.53% of the global population have a smartphone as of 2020. Earlier in the year 2016, the percentage of people who have smartphones was 33.58%. The availability of smartphones at an affordable price is adding pace to the market growth. As per IDC, the smartphone shipments in Q4 2020 grew 2.4%. However, it is expected that smartphone shipments would increase by 4.4% in 2021.
Furthermore, a rise in the geriatric population, adoption of a sedentary lifestyle among millenniums globally is resulting in the emergence of several chronic diseases. Also, the busy and hectic lifestyle coupe with the several benefits of mobile health applications such as time and money savings, easy access to doctors, etc. are leading to greater adoption of the applications. Therefore, the market is witnessing an uptick.
AgaMatrixInc., AirStrip Technologies, Omron Corporation, Withings, Biotelemetry, Inc., Telefonica, AliveCor, Inc., Pfizer, Inc, Merck and Co., Inc, and Sanofi are some of the prominent players operating in the global Mobile Health Application market. Several M&A’s along with partnerships have been undertaken by these players to facilitate costumers with hi-tech and innovative products.
Insights Presented in the Report
- Amongst category, Wellness management segment holds the major share Based on the category, the market is fragmented into disease and treatment management, wellness management, and others. Wellness management dominated the market with a share of 62.6% in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period owing to the end-users’ awareness about the benefits of wellbeing and the rising prevalence of several communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Amongst wellness management, fitness segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the analyzed period Furthermore, the wellness management market is mainly bifurcated into fitness, lifestyle and stress, and diet & nutrition. In 2019, the fitness sub-segment accounted for a maximum market revenue share of 55.2% and is expected to remain dominant during the analyzed period owing to the increasing millennium’s inclinations towards health and fitness. However, the diet & nutrition segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial CAGR over the forecast period.
- Amongst disease and treatment management type, the disease-specific segment dominated the market during the forecast period Based on disease and treatment management type, the market is mainly fragmented into healthcare providers/insurance, medication reminder, women health/pregnancy, and disease-specific. In 2019, the disease-specific segment accounted for a maximum market revenue share of 50% and is expected to remain dominant during the analyzed period. However, Medication Reminder & Info segment is forecasted to witness the highest CAGR during the forthcoming years.
- Amongst services, monitoring services segment holds the major share Based on services, the market is bifurcated into monitoring services, fitness solutions, diagnostic services, treatment services, and others (health practitioner support, administration, prevention). In 2019, the monitoring services segment accounted for the maximum market share with 65% and is expected to be the leading segment of the mobile health application market during the forecast period due to the launch of health monitoring applications by the prominent players and adoption among end-users owing to its benefits.
- Amongst the operating system type, google play store segment dominated the market during the forecast period Based on the operating system type, the market is mainly disintegrated into the google play store, apple app store, and others. In 2019, the google play store segment accounted for a maximum market revenue share of 61.2% and is expected to remain dominant during the analyzed period owing to the availability of android phones at a reasonable price.
- North America represents one of the largest markets of Mobile Health Application market For a better understanding of the market dynamics of the mobile health application market, a detailed analysis was conducted for different regions across the globe including North America (the U.S, Canada, and the Rest of North America), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, and Rest of APAC), and Rest of the World. North America dominated the market and generated revenue of US$ 4.7 billion in 2019 owing to the high prevalence rate of chronic disease, adoption of smartphones, and the increasing seed surging to the m-health application startups in the region.
Reasons to buy this report:
- The study includes market sizing and forecasting analysis validated by authenticated key industry experts
- The report presents a quick review of overall industry performance at one glance
- The report covers an in-depth analysis of prominent industry peers with a primary focus on key business financials, product portfolio, expansion strategies, and recent developments
- Detailed examination of drivers, restraints, key trends, and opportunities prevailing in the industry
- The study comprehensively covers the market across different segments
- Deep dive regional level analysis of the industry
The mobile health application market can further be customized as per the requirement or any other market segment. Besides this, UMI understands that you may have your own business needs, hence feel free to connect with us to get a report that completely suits your requirements.
- AirStrip Technologies
- Omron Corporation
- Biotelemetry, Inc.
- AliveCor, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc
- Merck and Co. and Sanofi
Table of Content
1 MARKET INTRODUCTION
1.1 Market Definitions
1.2 Objective of the Study
1.4 Stake Holders
1.5 Currency Used in Report
1.6 Scope of the Global Mobile Health Application Market Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY OR ASSUMPTION
2.1 Research Methodology for the Global Mobile Health Application Market
2.1.1 Main Objective of the Global Mobile Health Application Market
3 INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE
4 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
5 CASE STUDIES
6 COVID-19 IMPACT
7 MARKET INSIGHTS BY CATEGORY
7.1 Disease and Treatment Management
7.1.1 Healthcare providers/Insurance
7.1.2 Medication reminder
7.1.3 Women health/pregnancy
7.1.4 Disease specific
7.2 Wellness Management
7.2.2 Lifestyle & Stress
7.2.3 Diet & Nutrition
8 MARKET INSIGHTS BY SERVICES
8.1 Monitoring Services
8.2 Fitness Solutions
8.3 Diagnostic Services
8.4 Treatment Services
9 MARKET INSIGHTS BY OPERATING SYSTEM TYPE
9.1 Google Play Store
9.2 Apple App Store
10 MARKET INSIGHTS BY TECHNOLOGY
10.2 Non-AI enabled
11 MARKET INSIGHTS BY REGION
11.1 North America Mobile Health Application Market
11.1.1 United States
11.1.3 Rest of North America
11.2 Europe Mobile Health Application Market
11.1.1 United Kingdom
11.1.6 Rest of Europe
11.3 Asia Pacific Mobile Health Application Market
11.3.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
11.4 Rest of the World Mobile Health Application Market
12 Mobile Health Application MARKET DYNAMICS
12.1.1 Market Drivers
12.1.2 Market Challenges
12.1.3 Impact Analysis
13 LEGAL & REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
14 DEMAND AND SUPPLY SIDE ANALYSIS
14.1 Demand Side Analysis
14.2 Supply Side Analysis
14.2.1 Top Product Launches
14.2.2 Top Business Partnerships
14.2.3 Top Merger & Acquisitions
14.2.4 Top Business Expansions and Investments
15 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
16 MOBILE HEALTH APPLICATION MARKET HOTSPOT & OPPORTUNITIES
17 MOBILE HEALTH APPLICATION MARKET TRENDS & INSIGHTS
18 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
18.1 Porter’s Five forces analysis
18.1.1 Bargaining power of Supplier
18.1.2 Bargaining power of Buyer
18.1.3 Industry Rivalry
18.1.4 Availability of Substitute
18.1.5 Threat of new Entrants
18.2 Competitive Landscape
18.2.1 Company Shares, By Revenue
18.3 Competition Matrix
18.3.1 Product/Service Portfolio
18.3.2 Target Markets
18.3.3 Target End Users
18.3.4 Research & Development
18.3.5 Strategic Alliances
19 COMPANY PROFILED
19.1 Airstrip Technologies
19.1.1 Key Facts
19.1.2 Business Description
19.1.3 Key Product/Services Offerings
19.1.4 Growth Strategy
19.1.5 SWOT Analysis
19.1.6 Key Financials
19.1.7 Recent Developments
19.2 AgaMatrix, Inc
19.3 Omron Corporation
19.5 Biotelemetry, Inc
19.7 AliveCor, Inc
19.8 Pfizer, Inc
19.9 Merck and Co
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org