Global Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market: Current Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027)
Nanotechnology offers various advantages in the treatment of chronic diseases by site-specific, and target-oriented delivery of precise medicine. Several exemplary developments of nanomedicine have recently been found in the treatment of different diseases. Nanotechnology provides superior drug delivery systems for better control and treatment of diseases by manipulating the properties of materials such as polymers and creating nanostructures. There are various enhancements to the nanostructures employed as drug delivery systems that make them advanced to conventional delivery systems.
A developing number of nanotherapeutic drugs have been commercialized or reached the clinical stage in recent years. For oncology applications, over 20% of the therapeutic nanoparticles already in clinics or under clinical evaluation have been created. Most FDA-approved therapeutic nanoparticles are currently being designed for the re-formulation of combinations of chemotherapeutic drugs with polymeric nanoparticles. Recent advances in nanotechnology have proven that nanoparticles acquire a great potential in medical applications. Nanomedicine is an emerging approach for the implementation of nanotechnological systems in disease diagnosis and therapy.
The President's 2021 budget for the National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) in the United States is over US$ 1.7 billion, with increased spending in scientific research that will lead to discoveries and advancements in wide variety of fields, including key industries of the future. This funding, which cumulatively amounts to over US$ 31 billion (including the 2021 application), represents the continued importance of research to understand nanoscale matter and translate this information into technological breakthroughs that benefit the American people.
Based on technology, the market is fragmented into nanoparticles, liposomes, nanocrystals, micelles, and others. The nanoparticles segment generated revenue of US$ 12 billion in 2019. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.4% during the forecast period to reach a market valuation of US$ 48.1 billion by 2027 owing to the easily modified and functionalized surface of nanoparticles which increases the specificity of therapeutic agents in targeted tissue.
The nanotechnology in drug delivery holds potential in various applications including oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular, neurology, infectious and others. The oncology segment dominated the market and generated revenue of US$ 15.7 billion in 2019 owing to the increasing number of cancer cases. Cancer was the second leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for an estimated 9.6 million deaths, or 1 in 6 deaths, in 2018.
For a better understanding of the market penetration of the nanotechnology in drug delivery market, the market is analyzed based on its worldwide presence in the countries such as North America (United States, Canada, and Rest of North America), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, and Rest of APAC), Rest of World. North America constitutes a major market for the nanotechnology in drug delivery industry and generated revenue of US$ 18.9 billion in 2019 owing to the increasing prevalence rate of cancer, presence of high disposable income, and rise in funding for R&D activities associated with Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery. Some of the major players operating in the market include Camarus AB, Nanobiotix, NanoCarrier Co., Ltd., Selecta Biosciences, Starpharma Holdings Limited, Taiwan Liposome Co., Pfizer, Novartis, Merck & Co., and Bayer. Several M&A’s along with partnerships have been undertaken by these players to develop Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery.
The global nanotechnology in drug delivery market was valued at US$ 44 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand significantly with a CAGR of 19.9% from 2021-2027. The global nanotechnology in drug delivery market is expected to witness a boost, owing to the rising incidence of cancer and other diseases, increasing funding in the sector, and increasing necessity for alternative approaches to conventional chemotherapy generates prospects for nanoparticles.
Nanotechnology provides superior drug delivery systems for better control and treatment of diseases by manipulating the properties of materials such as polymers and creating nanostructures. There are various advantages to the nanostructures employed as drug delivery systems that make them advanced to conventional delivery systems. Nanoparticles have emerged as key players in modern medicine in recent years, with applications ranging from contrast agents in medical imaging to gene delivery carriers in individual cells. Researchers are working on the utilization of nanoparticles to make drugs even more effective by having an in-depth understanding of the interaction of nanoparticles with cells, and the optimal toxicity or concentration. In this sector, healthcare R&D is seeing increased expenditure on nanosized materials and devices.
A developing number of nanotherapeutic drugs have been commercialized or reached the clinical stage in recent years. Compared to traditional drugs, enhanced pharmacokinetics, biocompatibility, tumor targeting, and stability are associated with NP-based drug delivery systems, while simultaneously playing an important role in minimizing systemic toxicity and overcoming drug resistance. For oncology applications, over 20% of the therapeutic nanoparticles already in clinics or under clinical evaluation have been created. Most FDA-approved therapeutic nanoparticles are currently being designed for the re-formulation of combinations of chemotherapeutic drugs with polymeric nanoparticles. According to the WHO, CVDs kill 17.9 million people per year, an estimated 31% of all deaths worldwide. For the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, the use of nanoparticle-based formulations is primarily focused on targeted delivery and increasing bioavailability for vascular restenosis. Up to 23.5 million Americans (more than 7% of the population) suffer from an autoimmune disease, according to the National Institutes of Health, and the numbers are increasing. The rising prevalence of cancer and chronic diseases remain among the primary influences driving this surge.
Camarus AB, Nanobiotix, NanoCarrier Co., Ltd., Selecta Biosciences, Starpharma Holdings Limited, Taiwan Liposome Co., Pfizer, Novartis, Merck & Co., and Bayer are some of the prominent players operating in the global Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery market. Several M&A’s along with partnerships have been undertaken by these players to facilitate costumers with hi-tech and innovative products.
Insights Presented in the Report
- Amongst technology, nanoparticles segment holds the major share Based on the technology type, the market is fragmented into nanoparticles, liposomes, nanocrystals, micelles, and others. The nanoparticles segment dominated the market with a share of 27.2% in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period owing to the better biocompatibility, non-immunogenicity, non-toxicity, and biodegradability compared to conventional approaches.
- Amongst application, oncology is anticipated to dominate the market during the analyzed period Further based on application, the market is mainly bifurcated into oncology, cardiovascular/physiology, anti-inflammatory/ immunology, neurology, anti-infective, and others. In 2019, oncology accounted for a maximum market revenue share of 36% and is expected to remain dominant during the analyzed period owing to the increasing development of nano-drug delivery in the oncology due to the advantages of nanoparticle (NP)-based drug delivery systems in cancer treatment, such as good pharmacokinetics, precise targeting of tumor cells, reduction of side effects, and drug resistance. However, the anti-inflammatory/ immunology segment is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- North America signifies one of the largest markets of Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market For a better understanding of the market dynamics of the Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery market, a detailed analysis was conducted for different regions across the globe including North America (United States, Canada, and the Rest of North America), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, and Rest of APAC), Rest of World has been conducted. North America dominated the market and generated revenue of US$ 18.9 billion in 2019 owing to the increasing prevalence rate of cancer, presence of high disposable income, and rise in funding for R&D activities associated with Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery. For instance, Cancer is the leading cause of death in Canada and the second-leading cause, after heart disease, in the USA. Nearly 1.9 million new cancer cases and 693,000 cancer deaths were estimated in North America in 2018.
Reasons to buy this report:
- The study includes market sizing and forecasting analysis validated by authenticated key industry experts
- The report presents a quick review of overall industry performance at one glance
- The report covers an in-depth analysis of prominent industry peers with a primary focus on key business financials, product portfolio, expansion strategies, and recent developments
- Detailed examination of drivers, restraints, key trends, and opportunities prevailing in the industry
- The study comprehensively covers the market across different segments
- Deep dive regional level analysis of the industry
The Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market can further be customized as per the requirement or any other market segment. Besides this, UMI understands that you may have your own business needs, hence feel free to connect with us to get a report that completely suits your requirements.
- Camarus AB
- NanoCarrier Co., Ltd.
- Selecta Biosciences
- Starpharma Holdings Limited
- Taiwan Liposome Co.
- Pfizer, Novartis
- Merck & Co. and Bayer
Table of Content
1 MARKET INTRODUCTION
1.1 Market Definitions
1.2 Objective of the Study
1.4 Stake Holders
1.5 Currency Used in Report
1.6 Scope of the Global Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY OR ASSUMPTION
2.1 Research Methodology for the Global Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
2.1.1 Main Objective of the Global Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
3 INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE
4 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
5 FEW TOP START-UPS UNDER NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY SECTOR
6 NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY AMID COVID-19
7 GLOBAL NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY MARKET BY REVENUE
8 MARKET INSIGHTS BY TECHNOLOGY
9 MARKET INSIGHTS BY APPLICATION
10 MARKET INSIGHTS BY REGION
10.1 North America Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
10.1.1 United States
10.1.3 Rest of North America
10.2 Europe Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
10.2.3 United Kingdom
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3 Asia-Pacific Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
10.3.3 South Korea
10.3.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
10.4 Rest of the World Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Market
11 NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY MARKET DYNAMICS
11.1 Market Drivers
11.2 Market Challenges
11.3 Impact Analysis
12 LEGAL & REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
13 DEMAND AND SUPPLY SIDE ANALYSIS
13.1 Demand Side Analysis
13.2 Supply Side Analysis
13.2.1 Top Product Launches
13.2.2 Top Business Partnerships
13.2.3 Top Merger & Acquisitions
14 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
15 NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
16 NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DRUG DELIVERY MARKET TRENDS
17 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
17.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
17.1.1 Bargaining power of Supplier
17.1.2 Bargaining power of Buyer
17.1.3 Industry Rivalry
17.1.4 Availability of Substitute
17.1.5 Threat of new Entrants
17.2 Competitive Landscape
17.2.1 Company Shares, By Revenue
18 COMPANY PROFILED
18.1 Camarus AB
18.1.1 Key Facts
18.1.2 Ownership Structure
18.1.3 Business Description
18.1.4 Key Product/Services Offerings
18.1.5 Growth Strategy
18.1.6 SWOT Analysis
18.1.7 Key Financials
184.108.40.206 Revenue Split
220.127.116.11 Financial Overview of Camarus AB
18.1.8 Recent Developments
18.104.22.168 Product Launches
18.2 Taiwan Liposome Co
18.5 NanoCarrier Co, LTD
18.7 Selecta Biosciences
18.9 Starpharma Holdings Limited
18.10 Merck & Co
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com