Indonesia Wealth Management: Market Sizing and Opportunities to 2022
While the Indonesian affluent market remains small, it is set for continuous strong growth. In 2018, the affluent population (comprising high-net-worth [HNW] and mass affluent individuals) accounted for only 0.71% of adults in the country. However, the segment held 95.4% of Indonesias total onshore liquid assets in 2018, with mass affluents alone holding more than half.
Indonesian HNW investors hold the majority (89.9%) of their investments in liquid assets such as equities, mutual funds, deposits, and bonds. However, wealth managers must remain aware of the slowly increasing investments in illiquid assets, with their proportion expected to rise over the coming years.
Indonesias retail savings and investments market has been growing at a constant pace and this trend is expected to continue over the next five years. Overall, the value of the market tripled from $108bn in 2008 to $326bn in 2018 and is expected to cross the $400bn mark in 2022.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes Indonesias wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. This includes overall affluent market size (both by number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) as well as a breakdown of liquid versus illiquid HNW holdings. The report also provides analysis of the factors driving liquid asset growth, including a breakdown and forecast of total retail savings and investments split by asset classes including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
- Affluent individuals accounted for 0.7% of Indonesias total adult population in 2018, collectively holding 95.4% of the countrys retail wealth.
- Deposits remain the preferred investment avenue among Indonesian retail investors, accounting for 66.8% of the total liquid retail savings and investments in 2018.
- 26.8% of Indonesian HNW investors wealth was held outside of the country, with tax efficiency being the main reason to invest offshore.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Indonesian wealth industry.
- Identify the most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals.
- Receive detailed insight into retail liquid asset holdings in Indonesia, including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
- Understand changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the wealth space.
- See an overview of key digital disruptors in the countrys wealth market.
Indonesias Wealth Market
Resident Retail Savings and Investments
Resident vs. Non-Resident Investments in Indonesia
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com