IPOs in the Global Technology, Media, and Telecoms Sector-Thematic Research
Between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2020, 539 technology, media, and telecom (TMT) companies have floated their shares, raising $154bn in equity capital. The US and China have dominated the market, accounting for a combined 60% of total IPO proceeds in 2018, increasing to 80% in 2019, and 96% in the first half of 2020.
Between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2020, the four themes that generated the highest IPO returns for investors were cybersecurity, collaboration tools, big data, and cloud. By contrast, the themes behind the big IPO flops during this period were batteries, education technology (edtech), 3D printing, and blockchain.
- This report provides an overview of initial public offering (IPO) activity in the global TMT market between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2020.
- It assesses the impact of COVID-19 on the TMT IPO market.
- It identifies the top 10 themes driving TMT IPOs during the identified period. These include ecommerce, mobile, fintech, cloud, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Reasons to Buy
- Over the last two-and-a-half years, a clear trend has emerged in the IPO market for the TMT sector.
- Mature technologies like ecommerce and mobile have been associated with the most successful capital raisings, while early stage technologies like electric vehicles, batteries, and 3D printing have been distinctly unsuccessful in attracting capital. GlobalData has analyzed more than 500 TMT IPOs to identify those themes that are driving IPO returns.
- In addition, this report highlights promising IPOs planned for the second half of 2020.
TMT IPO Market: Review of 2018, 2019, and H1 2020
The impact of COVID-19 on the TMT IPO market
Top 10 themes driving TMT IPOs
Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com