Lending Landscape in Australia: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 (including Consumer Survey Insights)
Australias total loan balances outstanding (including credit card balances, personal loan balances, and residential mortgage balances outstanding) recorded a healthy compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% during 2014-18 to reach A$1,957.0bn ($1,378.9bn). The majority of Australias loan balances outstanding come from home loans.
However, the improvement in the overall health of the economy, coupled with increasing income levels and declining unemployment, is expected to impact the growth in total loan balances outstanding in the coming years. Additionally, high household debt is diminishing consumers capacity for acquiring loans and thus affecting the growth of the countrys loans market.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes Australias lending market, with a focus on the consumer lending segment. The report discusses in detail the credit card, personal loan, and mortgage loan markets by covering market size, competitors market share, and survey insights. The report also provides a market overview and insights on the commercial lending segment. In addition, it covers the key digital disruptors in the countrys retail lending segment.
- Credit card balances outstanding in Australia recorded a CAGR of -0.5% during 2014-18. This was due to the cap imposed on credit card interchange fees by the central bank, coupled with government reforms to tighten credit limit increases by banks.
- The personal loan market in Australia recorded a CAGR of 0.7% during 2014-18, with low interest rates the key factor driving choice of provider.
- Mortgage balances grew by 4.9% in 2018, mainly due to low house prices and stringent regulations implemented by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Australias retail lending industry.
- Identify the most promising lending segment.
- Receive detailed insight on lending in Australia, including consumer and commercial lending.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the retail lending space.
Credit Card Loans
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org