Mergers and Acquisitions in Mining-Thematic Research
GlobalData's Mergers and Acquisitions in Mining - Thematic Research explains how disruptive themes have been driving M&A activity over the last three years, analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market in the mining industry. The report also highlights the potential acquisition targets, explaining who is likely to acquire them and why.
A total of 256 mining M&A deals valued at $50m or more were announced between 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2020, with a combined value of $137bn. The precious metals and mining equipment, technology, and services (METS) sectors saw the most M&A activity over the period, with 96 deals in the precious metals sector with a combined deal value of $53bn. The METS sector saw 44 deals worth a combined $32bn. The key themes driving these deals included industrial automation, the internet of things (IoT), extraction technology, robotics and big data.
- The report analyses the impact of M&A as a theme on the mining industry
- The report evaluates how mining companies are utilizing M&A to realign their businesses with respect to changing market scenarios
- The report discusses key M&A deals in mining industry and identifies the trends emerging from these deals
- The report also identifies potential acquisition targets across the mining value chain and the thematic rationale that could drive these acquisitions in the near future
Reasons to Buy
- To review the deal activity undertaken by mining companies.
- To understand the major trends that are influencing M&A in the mining industry
- To understand the COVID-19 impact on the mining M&A market
- To identify the key deal-makers and gain an outlook on some of the potential acquisition targets in the near future.
Part 1: Thematic drivers of M&A strategy
Part 2: COVID-19 impact on the M&A market
Part 3: M&A activity in the mining sector over the last three years
Part 4: Future acquisition targets in the mining sector
Part 5: Deal selection methodology
Part 6: Glossary
Part 7: Our thematic research methodology
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org