Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: China
GlobalDatas China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- All commercial beverages remained in low single digit growth in Q1-17 thanks to the improved performance of soft drinks driving the category, in spite of alcohol and dairy categories slowing down
- Soft drinks registered a single digit growth in Q1-17, thanks to the recovery of the categories such as CSDs, fruit still drinks, and iced/RTD tea drinks, as well as robust growth in water
- As an emerging market, China is still expected to see a good year for commercial beverages with positive growth in most categories
- In response to increasing personal income, manufactures need to satisfy the diversified market demand via continuous products innovation
- Q1 remained the weak season for beer consumption due to fierce competition amongst brewers. Following a small recovery in Q4-16, Q1-17 barely maintained the volume, showing a 0.9% increase
- Whilst growth in the wine category slowed in Q1-17, spirits saw a growth rate of 3.9% due to New Years promotions
- FABs growth rate continued to slow down compared to the previous year due to overly fast growth in 2016 and a lack of detailed specification of industry standards
- The dairy market did not continue its recovery due to weak economic circumstances pushing manufacturers' focus from expansion to cutting costs instead
- In the equity market, two well known players, Mengniu and Huishan, achieved two very different results. One completed its acquisition whilst the other collapsed. Both reflected the tough time in the dairy industry
- Hot coffee recorded a growth of 17.4% in Q1-17, a small increase of 0.4 percentage points compared to Q1-16
- Due to increased consumption amongst young consumers, hot tea grew at a rate of 4.9%, a slight increase of 0.1 percentage points compared to Q1-16.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 10
5.1.7 Nectars 11
5.1.8 Still Drinks 11
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 12
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 12
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 13
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 13
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 14
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 14
6 Alcoholic Drinks 15
6.1.1 Alcoholic Drinks 15
6.2 Dairy Drinks 17
6.3 Hot Beverages 18
7 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 19
7.1.1 Industry News 19
8 Alcoholic Drinks Quarterly Update 22
8.1.1 Industry News 22
9 Dairy Drinks Quarterly Update 23
9.1.1 Industry News 23
10 All Commercial Beverages Quarterly Update 24
10.1.1 Distribution News 24
10.1.2 Packaging News/Legislation 24
11 New Products & Photo Shots 25
12 Data Tables 30
13 Appendix 36
What is this Report About? 36
About GlobalData 37
Contact Us 37
List of Tables
Table 1: China at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 30
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 31
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 32
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 33
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 34
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 35
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com