Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: Norway
GlobalDatas Norway Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Norway experienced a weak, but improving, GDP according to the latest government statistics for Q4-16
- All soft drinks categories (with the exception of packaged water, iced/RTD tea drinks, iced/RTD coffee drinks, and energy drinks) suffered declining consumption; the timing of the Easter period had a profound impact on quarter comparison. Easter fell in Q1-16 and this year will fall in Q2-17
- Carbonates experienced a consumption downturn of around 5% in Q1-17 (due to the timing of Easter), orange flavor suffered a double digit decline and lemon-lime a single digit decline. Cola flavor fared better with an overall 1% decline
- Bulk/HOD water enjoyed positive growth of around 1% in Q1-17, as did iced/RTD tea drinks and iced/RTD coffee drinks, thanks to innovation from Tine SA
- The energy drinks market was the real winner, with double-digit growth, thanks to the launch of two new Monster Ultra energy drinks
- The juice, still drinks, and sports drinks categories all suffered from a single-digit decline in consumption in Q1-17, impacted by the sugar debate
- In the dairy categories, white milk consumption was down slightly, but there were slight gains for flavored milk, thanks to the launch of Litago Uten (sugar-free). Traditional fermented milk also grew slightly, thanks to innovation from the Biola brand. Drinking yogurts continued to edge back in consumption in Q1-17, overshadowed by the much larger traditional fermented milk segment
- Soymilk and grain, nut, rice and seed milk alternatives also showed positive growth in Q1-17, but from a small but growing base
- Beer and cider consumption were both down in Q1-17 by around 4%, but again the timing of Easter made for difficult quarterly comparison.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Norway beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Norway to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 7
5.1 Soft Drinks 7
5.1.1 Packaged Water 7
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 8
5.1.5 Flavored Water 8
5.1.6 Juice 9
5.1.7 Nectars 9
5.1.8 Still Drinks 10
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 10
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 10
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 11
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 11
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 12
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 12
5.3 Dairy Drinks 13
5.4 Hot Beverages 14
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 15
6.1.1 Distribution News 15
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots 15
7 Focus On Premiumization In Soft Drinks 17
8 Data Tables 18
9 Appendix 24
What is this Report About? 24
About GlobalData 25
Contact Us 25
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 18
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 19
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 20
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 21
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 22
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 23
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com