Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: USA
GlobalDatas United States of America Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Soft drinks consumption slowed notably in Q1-17, to less than 1% year over year. By comparison, soft drinks volumes had advanced by 2% in the two previous quarters. A number of categories were challenged by slowing growth during the period but clearly the biggest contributor to overall performance was carbonates, which accounted for 35-40% of total soft drinks volumes
- Despite strong performances in packaged and flavored water, carbonates suffered a significant slowdown in demand, as volumes slipped 2% year over year. Regular and low calorie alike experienced losses during the quarter, which marked a change from the last few quarters when regular carbonates actually grew slightly
- Other soft drinks categories of note to undergo some deceleration in growth included energy drinks, still drinks, and sports drinks. On the other hand, packaged water, flavored water, enhanced water and iced/RTD coffee drinks each continued to grow at a very rapid pace
- Losses in the dairy beverage category accelerated to 2% in Q1-17, largely due to another poor performance for white milk, which accounts for the lions share of category volumes. Other products like almond milk, flavored milk, and drinking yogurt remained bright spots within liquid dairy
- Alcoholic drinks continued to be pressured by challenges in the beer market, which grew by less than 1% year over year in Q1-17. This is in spite of a healthier performance in key areas like wine and spirits, which are growing 4% and 2%, respectively
- A number of policy and legislative issues have become key sources of debate within the beverage industry, including: the recent implementation of a sugar tax in Philadelphia, lobbying efforts to reclassify nut based milks as something other than 'milk', a trade dispute with Canada over access of US volumes of ultra-filtered milks, and upcoming changes to food labeling regarding added sugars and what can be classified as 'healthy' foods.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United States of America beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United States of America to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 7
5.1 Soft Drinks 7
5.1.1 Packaged Water 7
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 10
5.1.6 Juice 11
5.1.7 Nectars 11
5.1.8 Still Drinks 12
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 13
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 13
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 14
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 15
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 16
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 16
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 17
5.3 Dairy Drinks 19
5.4 Hot Beverages 21
6 Data Tables 22
7 Appendix 29
What is this Report About? 29
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List of Tables
Table 1: United States of America at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 23
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 24
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 25
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 26
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 27
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 28
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org