Quarterly Beverage Tracker Fourth Quarter 2017: China
GlobalDatas China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q4-2017 vs Q4-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2017 vs Q4-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- In Q4-17 the macro economy in China grew with a GDP of 6.8%. Domestic demand continued to grow as disposable income continuously increased
- However soft drinks didnt perform as well as Q4-16 and saw a year on year decline of 1.1% in Q4-17, primarily dragged by the poor performance of some big categories such as packaged water, carbonates and still drinks. The decline was partly due to the late occurrence of Chinese New Year which is expected mid Feb 2018 and thus was unable to contribute to the sales growth of Q4-17
- Packaged water, which has a large share of the soft drinks market, saw a drop in Q4-17 which had ultimately dragged down the overall performance of soft drinks
- Many producers didnt push their last quarter sales strongly but started to focus on their Q1-18 program targeting New Year sales
- The soft drinks market became quiet in terms of product innovation in the low season, manufacturers continued to face challenges such as higher costs from increased raw material prices and fast-changing consumer demand
- Milk supplies started to become more abundant, performing mainly in liquid dairies rather than in cheese or other dry dairies. Ultimately, milk supply seemed higher than consumption which caused a slow down in sales
- Milk suppliers were also more concerned about dairy quality in order to get rid of the negative stigma which stemmed from the melamine scandal in 2008
- Hot coffee grew by 16.7%, a slightly higher growth rate than that seen in Q4-16, driven by the growing number of coffee shops in China
- Hot tea managed to expand by 4.7% in Q4-17, driven by the 11 November online sales promotion
- Due to the cold weather, Q4-17 is a low season for beer and consumption showed a decrease in this quarter by 4.6%. In this quarter, the top three brewers CRSB, Tsingtao and Yanjing all announced price rises of about 10-20%
- Q4-17 saw wine and spirits grow thanks to New Year celebrations. The price of spirits (especially the high end Chinese spirits) was raised
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 7
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 8
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 9
5.1.7 Nectars 10
5.1.8 Still Drinks 11
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 12
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 12
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 13
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 13
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 14
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 15
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 16
5.3 Dairy Drinks 17
5.4 Hot Beverages 18
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 18
6.1 Industry News 18
6.2 Alcoholic Drinks Quarterly Update 25
6.2.1 Industry News 25
6.3 Dairy Drinks Quarterly Update 26
6.3.1 Industry News 26
6.4 Hot Drinks Quarterly Update 26
6.4.1 Industry News 26
6.5 All Commercial Beverages Quarterly Update 27
6.5.1 Distribution News 27
6.5.2 Packaging News/Legislation 29
6.6 New Products & Photo Shots 31
7 Data Tables 39
8 Appendix 45
List of Tables
Table 1: China at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F 29
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F 30
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F 31
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F 32
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F 33
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F 34
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org