Quarterly Beverage Tracker Third Quarter 2017: China
GlobalDatas China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- In Q3-17, the Chinese macroeconomy maintained stable growth momentum. Yet, while commercial beverage growth slowed down, considering the huge base, healthy development was still seen
- Soft drinks continued to see single-digit growth in Q3-17, largely driven by key categories, such as packaged water and iced/RTD tea drinks. Dairy, however, remained relatively flat, while alcoholic drinks registered low single digit growth - this dragged down ACB growth
- Q3-17 is still the peak season for beer consumption and hot weather, alongside various beer festivals, drove the market - leading to a small recovery this quarter
- Q3 saw wine and spirits grow faster, thanks to the National holiday and Mid-Autumn festival. The growth rate for FABs has further slowed down, due to over fast growth in the past year and the lack of detailed specifications for industry standards. Despite this, some spirits companies continue to try this category
- The commercial beverage industry is facing changes in consumer demand. Some products, successful in previous quarters, such as Xiaomingtongxue (Uni-President), are now experiencing stagnant or recessive growth. Thus, under an environment of upgrading consumption and increasingly personalized requests, manufacturers must pay more attention to consumer trends in order to exploit novation opportunities
- Q3-17 saw more new products presented than in the past several quarters. Notably, the dairy industry tried to please a new generation of consumers, who have higher expectations concerning both health and nutrition concerns and product appearance
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 7
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 8
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 9
5.1.7 Nectars 10
5.1.8 Still Drinks 11
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 12
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 12
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 13
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 13
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 14
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 15
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 16
5.3 Dairy Drinks 17
5.4 Hot Beverages 18
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 18
6.1 Industry News 18
6.2 Alcoholic Drinks Quarterly Update 25
6.2.1 Industry News 25
6.3 Dairy Drinks Quarterly Update 26
6.3.1 Industry News 26
6.4 Hot Drinks Quarterly Update 26
6.4.1 Industry News 26
6.5 All Commercial Beverages Quarterly Update 27
6.5.1 Distribution News 27
6.5.2 Packaging News/Legislation 29
6.6 New Products & Photo Shots 31
7 Data Tables 39
8 Appendix 45
List of Tables
Table 1: China at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 39
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 40
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 41
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 42
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 43
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 44
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org