Smokeless Tobacco in the UK, 2019
Tobacco is a market that is in long-term decline in the UK. A combination of rising prices, growing health awareness and the recent arrival of safer alternatives such as e-cigarettes, have led to all sectors suffering a fall in sales. Smokeless usage centers around snuff, but there is also the use of chewing tobacco, mainly among the elder members of the Asian community. Chewing tobacco is currently expanding its presence.
Smokeless tobacco in the UK, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
- Imports of smokeless tobacco have fluctuated during the last decade. After peaking at 68.2 tons in 2008, they were down at 15 tons in 2017.
- The market is dominated by domestic producers, notably Imperial Tobacco, which has owned J&H Wilson since 1953.
- The greatest prevalence within South Asian minority ethnic groups is among the Bangladeshi population, with 9% of men and 16% of women reportedly using chewing tobacco.
- The long-term forecast is downwards. Per capita consumption is forecast at 0.46g in 2028, which is 51.5% lower than in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Tobacco Products Market, Volume, %, 2008 & 2018
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2008-2018
Market size and structure
Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2008-2018
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2008-2018
Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, Tons, 2008-2018
Snuff: Sales by Tin Size, % Value, 2004-2010
Snuff: Sales by Type, Medicated v Non-Medicated, % Value, 2004, 2007-2010
Production and trade
Imports, Tons, 2007-2017
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Volume %, 2017
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Value %, 2017
Exports, Tons, 2007-2017
Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Volume %, 2017
Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Value %, 2017
Taxation and retail prices
Other Tobacco: Excise Duty Rates, 1982-2018
Snuff : Retail Sales Trends, 2000, 2003-2009
Snuff: Retail Prices, 2019
Chewing Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2019
Manufacturers and brands
Snuff: Brand Shares, % Value, 2004, 2006-2010
Chewing Tobacco: Leading Brands, 2011
Prevalence of Chewing Tobacco Usage by Age & Gender in South Asian Minority Ethnic Groups, 2004
Health warnings and labeling requirements
Prospects and forecasts
Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2018-2028
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2018-2028
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org