Smokkeless Tobacco in Japan, 2019
Japan is one of the largest markets in the world for tobacco products despite falling demand. Cigarettes dominate the Japanese tobacco market accounting for nearly 100% of sales. The profile of smokeless tobacco has been negligible in comparison, with sales only approaching 1 ton per annum since the early part of the decade. However, following the successful launch of JT's new Zerostyle Mint line, which incorporates snuff, in 2010, there was temporary expansion in this market.
Smokeless Tobacco in Japan, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Japanese tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
- As of February 2019, other manufactured tobacco (2403.99.20), which includes smokeless tobacco products, faces a general import duty of 4% and a most favored nation (MFN) import duty of 3.4%.
- China and Sweden were the main suppliers in 2017. Exports in 2017 were 0.1 tons.
- The overall tobacco market in Japan is declining, with increased health consciousness, anti-smoking campaigns, and the rising cost of tobacco products all playing a major part in the movement of consumers away from these products.
- A limited number of companies are active in the Japanese smokeless market. Until 2010, there was no local producer of smokeless tobacco.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Market size and structure
Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2008-2018
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2008-2018
Production and trade
Imports of Other Manufactured Tobacco & Tobacco
Manufactured Substitutes, Volume (Tons), 2007-2017
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, % Volume, 2017
Smokeless Tobacco: Imports of other manufactured tobacco & tobacco manufactured substitutes, Volume (Tons), 2007-2017
Smokeless Tobacco: Imports of other manufactured tobacco & tobacco manufactured substitutes, Value ($000), 2007-2017
Taxation and retail prices
Nasal Snuff: Retail Prices, 2014
JT Zerostyle: Retail Prices, 2013-2018
Snus: Retail Prices, 2015
Chewing Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2015
Manufacturers and brands
Prospects and forecasts
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org