The Baby Food Market in Netherlands 2017
"The Baby Food Market in Netherlands 2017" is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Netherlands market.
The baby food market in Netherlands is well established and consumption levels are high, but sales have been adversely affected by lower numbers of births and by the generally sluggish economy. Consumption in all sectors has declined since 2010. However, a few areas of growth have emerged, including toddler milks, pouches, and finger foods. Retail sales are expected to rise but consumption is forecast to decline. Per capita intake is also likely to fall although it will remain at a high level by international standards. All sectors except drinks will see some increase in retail value. Milks should continue to benefit from higher use of products for toddlers, wet meals from product innovation, including principally pouches, and finger foods from a move towards more sophisticated savory snacks.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- The volume sales of baby food in the Netherlands are down by 15% and the value sales are down by 9.4% in current price terms.
- Baby meals account for the highest proportion of volume sales, claiming 47% of total consumption and in terms of value, milks accounted for 45% of retail sales in 2016.
- The market is dominated by Danone with 54% of the total market. Hero is in second place; although with a value share of 12%.
- The Netherlands is one of Europes largest producers of infant formula. FrieslandCampina, Mead Johnson, Danone, Nestl, and Ausnutria Hyproca, via Lyempf, Lypack, and Hyproca, all produce locally.
- Majority of baby food is sold through hypermarkets and supermarkets, with the remainder going through pharmacies and drugstores. Online sales are growing.
- During the next six years retail sales are expected to rise by 11.5%. Consumption is forecast to fare less well: in 2022, i.e., decline of 4.3% over 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Background to the Market
Production and Trade
Prospects and Forecasts
Ask for discount before buying this report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
For Enquiries, Call :
+1-800-998-4852US Toll Free
Email : email@example.com